In a world of tracking and measuring it’s easy to fall into the trap of comparison.
I must be doing something wrong because…
- Everyone’s life on Facebook looks better than mine.
- You have a million Twitter followers. I only have a hundred.
- Someone gave me a 1 star review on Amazon.
- I spent all day writing this post and no one read it.
- The picture I shared has no likes or comments.
- The Jones’s bought another new car.
- Your co-worker who constantly slacks off made partner.
- That lousy professor you had made tenure.
- Our stocks are going down and the competitions is going up.
- I’m in the middle of the Dip.
It’s easy to get down on yourself when you’re choosing to seek discouragement.
No author ever got better reading all of her 1 star reviews. Life on Facebook always looks more polished than what is actually being published. And the Jones’s? Well, they’re broke.
Keep things in perspective. The universe is a big place. Earth is just a drop in the bucket.