Five reasons why you shouldn’t write a blog:
- You think it will make you a bunch of money.
- You think that it will go viral.
- You think that it will make you a celebrity.
- You think that people will read it.
- You think that it will replace your day job.
Write a blog because it’s good for the soul. Write a blog because you have something to say. Write a blog to make assertions, to teach yourself to see around the corner. Write a blog because it brings you joy.
Sure, the money, the fame, the fortune is a nice byproduct of a really good blog. But it isn’t likely to happen with over 150 million blogs on the internet.
Write your blog for intrinsic value so that others can benefit from how you see the world. If you do that, then you will never be disappointed.